Thursday, April 27, 2006

Follow my words!


This is part of the Temple Fair where visitors write their wishes on cards and tied them on pillars along a decorated corridor. Some "popular" wishes include happiness, health, youth, beauty or winning the lottery. This one shown here says, in Chinese: "my husband follows my words" I couldn't help but LOL... ;-) Click here for the daytime view.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Follow my words!"

 

Blogger Sam said ... (April 27, 2006 5:28 PM) : 

What a funny wish, lol!!

 

Blogger Chantal said ... (April 27, 2006 6:28 PM) : 

very colorful image.

 

Blogger Bob said ... (April 27, 2006 7:15 PM) : 

Hi Lisi, interesting shot and nice colours - did you put one up?

 

Blogger Brian Dubé said ... (April 27, 2006 7:59 PM) : 

they remind me of guitars...
L

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (April 27, 2006 8:19 PM) : 

Cool!!! what a 'LOL' wish : )

 

Blogger Lorethian said ... (April 27, 2006 9:40 PM) : 

Ok, that is a riot. Please tell us your wish.



http://kansascitydailyphoto.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (April 27, 2006 10:06 PM) : 

That's a really funny one! I'm glad you translated.

 

Blogger Denton said ... (April 28, 2006 11:17 AM) : 

Interesting that the pre-printed words on the cards are in English instead of Chinese.

 

Blogger Kris said ... (April 28, 2006 3:01 PM) : 

Good shot and interesting cards! Put one for me , my wish is give me more ideas for daily blog .. lol !!!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (April 28, 2006 5:47 PM) : 

haha...I didn't put up any because I don't need my husband to follow my words. hehe, because I don't have one...am pretty happy with what I've got so it didn't cross my mind to make a wish...

Denton, actually there is Chinese above the "Your wish" on the card and Kris, I'll try...and Lucy, about the guitar shape, it is actually shaped as a "hulu" or calabash...see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulu...

Thanks everyone for the footprints!

 

post a comment