Saturday, April 29, 2006

Claustrophobia


This is taken in Central at an entrance to the underground (officially MTR/Mass Transit Railway) and I like the colors and the pattern of the stairs. Some DP blogs have posted photos on undergrounds in their cities and I really want to post some of HK's too. Afterall, the MTR is part of many HK people's daily life with some 2.5 million trips made per day. I just need some time to overcome certain non-technical problem I have. In the meantime, Wiki has more info and photos...:p

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Claustrophobia"

 

Blogger K. K said ... (April 29, 2006 5:37 PM) : 

Gr8!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (April 29, 2006 7:26 PM) : 

I think your capture and the blur of the person walking down the stairs with the composition of the walls, stairs and walker is super!

 

Blogger chillycraps said ... (April 29, 2006 7:44 PM) : 

I didn't realize it can be so illusional, especially the black stripes on the steps!

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (April 29, 2006 9:45 PM) : 

I agree with Karine! It's a great composition and a great shot.

 

Blogger Bob said ... (April 29, 2006 10:24 PM) : 

Great shot

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (April 29, 2006 10:31 PM) : 

I agree with everyone, this is a great shot. I must admit though that this stripes has a psychological effect on me..just like the black and white checkered linoleum in some cafe's.

 

Blogger Denton said ... (April 29, 2006 10:39 PM) : 

I like the color in your photo. How did you manage to catch a shot with only one person? I assume and wikipedia indicated MTR is very crowded.

 

Blogger Jean said ... (April 30, 2006 12:36 AM) : 

It looks like a painting! Great shot.

 

Blogger micki said ... (April 30, 2006 2:58 AM) : 

Great abstract patterns, cool shot!

 

Blogger Ggraph said ... (April 30, 2006 9:28 AM) : 

Really great photo! Super colors,patterns and composition.
regards,
Mark

 

Blogger Carrie Nichols said ... (April 30, 2006 12:36 PM) : 

Great picture!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (April 30, 2006 1:00 PM) : 

i was in hong kong for a whole month from jan-feb and i was so impressed with its mtr! the last time i visited hong kong was 1997.

the taxis fares are so expensive (especially compared to "mainland china" where I also spent a good while before I went to hk) that i opted for them instead after i shelled out $$ for a ride from tsim sha tsui to wong tai sin temple. i learned my leason!

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (April 30, 2006 2:02 PM) : 

Excellent shot, and agree, one person must have been late at night or early morning to not be crowded.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (April 30, 2006 4:37 PM) : 

Great shot good timing !! the picture would be much less interesting without the person !

 

Blogger AnnJay said ... (April 30, 2006 5:42 PM) : 

Stunning! Powerful

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (April 30, 2006 6:44 PM) : 

Welcome new visitors Paradise, Carol and Annjay.

Like Michael had guessed, I took this in the evening around 9 pm and since Central is a business district it is not so crowded at night. Actually there were some people standing behind me waiting. I'm glad you like having a person in the shot since I had pondered whether I should post one with no person.

Thanks for the footprints.

 

post a comment