Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Red cotton and starry eye

I took this photo in Central, the bright red flowers are of cotton tree (literally red cotton in Chinese, aka hero tree) which blooms gloriously in spring and there are many of them around. Here's a beautiful shot by my friend and see a whole tree here.

In the background is a giant advertising billboard and it is the eye of a movie star looking at you. Guess who? :-)

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Red cotton and starry eye"

 

Blogger Kris said ... (March 21, 2006 5:42 PM) : 

such constrast ! ..and sharon stone, that is ?

ps. the mirror effects was done using manipulation prog. basically paste the original shot face to face with the replica (turn horizontal or vertical as u wish) ..hmm..do i make sense ?

 

Blogger Bob said ... (March 21, 2006 5:45 PM) : 

Hi lisi,

Very nice and original shot

 

Blogger Mathieu said ... (March 21, 2006 5:55 PM) : 

Beautiful photo

 

Blogger Amande said ... (March 21, 2006 6:08 PM) : 

I love the flower :)

 

Blogger MRK said ... (March 21, 2006 6:48 PM) : 

Yeah! That isn't half bad!
Hello there.

 

Blogger Simon said ... (March 21, 2006 9:31 PM) : 

I love this one. Very typical of the minimalism often hidden (and sometimes very much so) in oriental art.

 

Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said ... (March 21, 2006 10:03 PM) : 

The combination is "magnifique". I suggested a link to your yesterday picture and now I would do it again but I guess I have to give others a chance. Gosh, you are making it difficult for me to choose!

 

Blogger Cynthia Quiros said ... (March 21, 2006 10:51 PM) : 

sharon stone!!! Great pic!! her eye is looking at thos beautiful flowers! great pic lisi!

 

Blogger Monsieur Pain d'épices said ... (March 21, 2006 11:36 PM) : 

plutot cool ce clichés
j'apprécie

 

Blogger Monsieur Pain d'épices said ... (March 21, 2006 11:38 PM) : 

j'apprécie surtout l'oiel de l'affiche en deuxiéme plan

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (March 22, 2006 12:20 AM) : 

Super composition, as usual.

 

Blogger Wolf said ... (March 22, 2006 8:21 AM) : 

Great photo, nice job on the focus and I like the background! :)

 

Blogger Pierre said ... (March 22, 2006 3:36 PM) : 

Sharon stone without any doubt. And a beautiful picture without any doubt. Hey, it's spring !

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (March 22, 2006 3:43 PM) : 

beautiful!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (March 22, 2006 4:45 PM) : 

Yes, Fotoaddict...

Hello and welcome Marcustpe

Thanks again for the link Carlos

Le grain de sel, merci est bienvenue...that's pretty much the French I have...

YES, it is Sharon Stone, link to another photo in today's post. And you know what, I keep thinking if I were just a few inches taller, I would get the red right on the black...and I was already standing on a bench.

Thank you all for liking this. :-)

 

Blogger Blamey said ... (March 23, 2006 4:52 PM) : 

Love this

 

post a comment