Monday, March 27, 2006

Incense tower


As far as I know, these are called "incense tower". I found this roadside worship place in an alley I walk past from time to time, but had never taken much notice of. From what I heard when I took the photo, it is a Taoist worship place. I only managed to take a few shots because it was very very smokey.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Incense tower"

 

Blogger Kris said ... (March 27, 2006 7:07 PM) : 

yeah, sometimes the smoke is unbearable.. but i like this photo,though :)

 

Blogger Bob said ... (March 27, 2006 7:22 PM) : 

Hi Lisi,

A lovely photo.

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (March 27, 2006 9:46 PM) : 

Great photo! Amazing that they burn them all at once - that must be quite an odour for the whole neighborhood!

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (March 27, 2006 9:56 PM) : 

I like aromatic incense, especially the herbs. I have some and I use it use it when friends come to visit or if I just want to relax!
Its a lot of incense you got you got there!

 

Blogger Sam said ... (March 28, 2006 12:53 AM) : 

That is so cool - I thought they were hats at first! Does it smell good there? I love incense, but I never saw it in this shape before.

 

Blogger micki said ... (March 28, 2006 12:54 AM) : 

What an interesting place! Love the smokiness.

 

Blogger Cynthia Quiros said ... (March 28, 2006 1:15 AM) : 

wow cool! does it smell good?

 

Blogger Andrea said ... (March 28, 2006 4:30 AM) : 

I also thought they were hats!!!Great shot...

 

Blogger Alex said ... (March 28, 2006 8:11 AM) : 

I really have to save money to visit this city. Amazing. Thanks Lisi, for such colorful and artistic pictures with great captions. It's a real pleasure.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (March 28, 2006 2:23 PM) : 

Like the scene from life - just ads on the TV?

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (March 28, 2006 4:39 PM) : 

Hi thank you for the comments. The incense smell ok to me although it was a bit too strong having that many at one time. Frankly, this is the first time I saw this; and in an area I'm familiar with it's like discovering a hidden secret in your own home!

 

Blogger Brian Dubé said ... (March 28, 2006 11:57 PM) : 

Great photo!

 

post a comment