Saturday, March 04, 2006

Fated to the purpose

The first time I saw this lady, my camera's battery ran out and I thought: Bummer! Back home that night, I realised I had lost my scarf, so the next day, I retraced my route trying to find it. At the end of a 3-hour search, at almost the same time, I was back at the same spot and there she was. I lost my scarf but I got the shot.

It is a 12 year-old scarf which carries special meaning to me. To make myself feel better, I imagine somewhere in this city, an underprivileged elderly is using it, so it is fated to a good purpose. Life is interesting :-)

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Fated to the purpose"

 

Blogger Eric said ... (March 04, 2006 2:27 PM) : 

I really like this one lisi! Looks like she's stretching to be as tall as the trees or the pole. Love it!

 

Blogger Amande said ... (March 04, 2006 4:52 PM) : 

Lovely weather! I'm sorry for your scarf. The same happened to me and my gloves :( I hope someone is using them!

 

Blogger stéphanie et arnaud said ... (March 04, 2006 4:56 PM) : 

Like Eric, i believed that it made tai chi chuan .

 

Blogger nebel said ... (March 04, 2006 8:25 PM) : 

Great colors in this shot! Haven't seen that much green around Trier for a while...

 

Blogger Ineke said ... (March 04, 2006 9:40 PM) : 

I wish we'd have that abundance of green on our trees! Lovely.
Your fish post of a couple of days ago made me hungry and inspired me for today. Thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (March 04, 2006 10:03 PM) : 

I wish I could find your scarf for you - but I want you to know how much I appreciate your photo blog. My son and his family (2 little girls 4 and 6) just moved to HK, and your image each day helps me feel a little more connected. I am a photographer in Chicago.

 

Blogger Bob said ... (March 04, 2006 11:52 PM) : 

Lovely shot. Nice greens. Can't find the fish either!

 

Blogger heidi said ... (March 05, 2006 2:37 AM) : 

Along with capturing the culture of Hong Kong, you have done a great job with the balance of the photo.

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (March 05, 2006 2:23 PM) : 

Thank you all for the comments, I like this shot very much myself.

"Anonymous", I'm so glad my blog helps, believe me, I know how it feels!

Fish-lovers if this html tags work you'll find what you're looking for:

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (March 05, 2006 2:24 PM) : 

Ok, it doesn't work:

http://hkdpfiles.blogspot.com/2006/03/blog-post.html

 

post a comment