Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Alternative graffiti

I smile eveytime I look at this photo.

Firstly, this graffiti is so kiddy, and my imagination of some kindergarten kids sneaking out at night to draw it makes me laugh. Secondly, there is a local story behind -- China Motor Bus was a very unpopular company and the graffiti shows just how bad the service was: rude drivers, skipping stops and reckless driving. The government terminated its licence some years ago and it is now history. (click for more photos)

I hope you will find this amusing as much as I do...LOL.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Alternative graffiti"

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (March 07, 2006 5:35 PM) : 

It's not very often you can have the history behind a piece of graffiti. Your commentary made it much more interesting that way.

 

Blogger Mathieu said ... (March 07, 2006 5:41 PM) : 

Amusing and surprising :)

 

Blogger hfkais said ... (March 07, 2006 6:08 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger hfkais said ... (March 07, 2006 6:09 PM) : 

wow.. very fun graffiti!

 

Blogger Bob said ... (March 07, 2006 6:40 PM) : 

Nice because it has the texture of the wall too

 

Blogger Rob said ... (March 08, 2006 4:49 AM) : 

Gotta laugh along with this one. Very funny picture.

 

Blogger heidi said ... (March 08, 2006 10:45 AM) : 

Hi Lisi,

I think the drawings are more sophisticated after the story-it adds to the interest.

-Heidi

 

Blogger Eric said ... (March 08, 2006 4:33 PM) : 

"...rude drivers, skipping stops and reckless driving..." so, I don't see the problem. Isn't that how everybody drives? I'm sure Rome would agree with me that doesn't seem so strange. LOL

 

Blogger Tomate Farcie said ... (March 18, 2006 3:18 PM) : 

I think Eric has a point there! I like the drawing, though, I think it's a great idea! Thanks for showing it to us!

 

Blogger chillycraps said ... (March 21, 2006 1:28 PM) : 

those graffiti was nicely done, looks like they ain't the works of just hooligans, but rather, artist.

Kinda miss the days of CNB, with their hard wooden seats =P Well well First Bus isn't much better I guess~

 

post a comment