Sunday, February 19, 2006

The two sides of the coin

I guess you might be interested so I have changed my original plan for today and post this photo. The QE II coins are still in circulation today but are getting less in numbers (when I went through what I have there are only two). Actually there are still many references to British rule in everyday life here, eg, the "Panic Flower and Clever Leaf" photo was taken at the King George V Memorial Park. Afterall, it has only been 8.5 years.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "The two sides of the coin"

 

Blogger Andreea said ... (February 19, 2006 6:32 PM) : 

i love this post. very interesting. a little bit of history ;)

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (February 20, 2006 10:36 AM) : 

Ummm...Manuel, I don't know, the 20 cent coins are also of this wavy edge design but only smaller and in copper. They have been around for 30 years so I think it's not shaped after the leaf...will let you if I find out anything. :-)

 

Blogger Anne said ... (February 20, 2006 11:16 AM) : 

Hey Lisi! I have the 20 cent copper, first time i saw it I thought it was a Coke crown hehehe....but your post is really interesting! Keep up the good work!

 

post a comment