Friday, February 17, 2006

Rescuers in Action

Today, I'm using a photo by my friend taken during a hiking trip last weekend. He captured the Government Flying Service in action saving a hiker (not seen in photo and not sure what the problem was) from one of the most challenging hiking trails. See his msn album for more shots of the rescue (the other album marked with some Chinese characters and then 20060212 are scenic views on the trail).

The GFS is a well-respected department and has stayed relatively low-profile until last year a TV drama series was made based on it (pretty much like ER but it ran only one season). Don't miss the videos on the GFS website which takes you flying around seeing HK from atop.

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Rescuers in Action"

 

Blogger hfkais said ... (February 18, 2006 1:08 AM) : 

so, look as if Mercifully no one was hurt.

Thanks to your kildly. today, I discovoer link to my blog on your blog. and I add link to your blog on my blog. Have nice day :)

 

Blogger Cynthia Quiros said ... (February 18, 2006 8:24 AM) : 

Epic!! The guy spreading out his arms in a desperate gesture...
(I also wanted to thank you for stopping by my site, I´ve added you to my photblog list!!)
:)

 

Blogger Eric said ... (February 18, 2006 2:23 PM) : 

I like your comment "I don't know what the problem was" because it was the same reaction I had. Looks like he could walk back down the path! I'll check out the other links and see the real thing! Your blog keeps getting better!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (February 18, 2006 3:15 PM) : 

Hah, it must have been quite misleading...the guy you see in the photo is the rescuer, probably making signals to the pilot; you'll see in the link that there were actually 2 people danggling in mid-air. I wonder what the problem was because, how can the GFS know if people are not using them as a taxi?

Thanks Eric for the compliement, it encourages me!

 

Blogger Eric said ... (February 18, 2006 5:14 PM) : 

Ok lisi, I saw it now. I'm still confused how the person got into the problem in the first place, but a great photo opportunity just the same.

 

post a comment