Monday, February 27, 2006

Fengshui Fish

Do you know what is Fengshui? I took this photo in the front of a laundry shop. The owner had devoted all available counter space to fengshui elements -- an acquarium, a Japanese fortune cat figurine (always with one hand raised to grab money!!) and a small fotune bamboo. Go to this website if you are interested to know more.

This is not a good photo with the confusing reflection, but I think it's fun to do a "fish" series ;-).

Labels: ,

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Fengshui Fish"

 

Blogger Eric said ... (February 27, 2006 1:56 PM) : 

Agree...the fish series is funny. I also have to get me one of those cats with it's hand raised. Is there any relation between how high the hand is raised to how much money you'll get? I'll be looking for a cat doing a "high five"! Only kidding. Love the colours in the photo and the fact that it makes me want to search all of the elements inside.

 

Blogger Eric said ... (February 27, 2006 2:03 PM) : 

P.S. Just saw this on CNN. Hope this doesn't get out of control!

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/conditions/02/26/birdflu.wrap.mon.reut/index.html

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (February 27, 2006 4:18 PM) : 

It's funny how the aquarium is decorated. I would've expected plants, but I guess this is a "city fish" ;-).

 

Blogger Bob said ... (February 27, 2006 8:00 PM) : 

Hi lisi,

Very funny. Are the things in the fish tank arranged according to fengshui?

 

Blogger Amande said ... (February 27, 2006 8:29 PM) : 

Don't care about the quality of the photo. What is interesting is to see it through your eyes!

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (February 27, 2006 9:06 PM) : 

Hi, thanks for the nice commenets, I am having a lot of fun with HKDP. About this photo, I actually knew there would be reflections but I didn't want the owner to see me, so I had to stand where I was. :-)

Eric, I haven't heard how high the hand is matters, but there are some confusion as to which hand it should be...I'm not sure though.

Bob, I don't think the fishes have their own fengshui setup...btw, thank you for showing my photo to your little girl.

 

Blogger Anna said ... (February 28, 2006 2:15 AM) : 

I am Ok for the fish serie : I love this serie!!

 

Blogger Denton said ... (February 28, 2006 11:51 AM) : 

I found taking photos of fish to be very difficult. They don't pose very well. Also, the photos always highlighted the fact that I needed to clean my aquarium. Best of luck on your fish series.

 

Blogger Anne said ... (March 01, 2006 8:30 AM) : 

Fengshui is really big here in the Philippines! Even our company recently resorted to fengshui to better it's luck in 2006...fengshui masters here earn big bucks too because of all the buzz about it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (March 01, 2006 11:24 AM) : 

Of course, I was attracted by the cat!!

from Tokyo

 

Blogger ISLAND MONKEY said ... (March 03, 2006 4:47 PM) : 

Greetings from England..

I love the colour and celebration of life on your blog and food (and fish) clearly plays a big part!
Funnily enough I recently made a post on my local fish shop in rainy Manchester if anyone wants to see it.
I also made the point that people should try to support individual shops and grocers including our 'fishmongers' because they add so much quality to our communities.

 

Blogger ISLAND MONKEY said ... (March 03, 2006 7:37 PM) : 

Have fun with your blog!

 

Blogger Cindy said ... (March 08, 2006 8:09 AM) : 

I think the reflection makes the photo even better. I like it.

 

post a comment