Thursday, February 23, 2006

Deep Blue -- in a different shade

camera Hong kong

Comments on "Deep Blue -- in a different shade"

 

Blogger Eric said ... (February 23, 2006 1:37 PM) : 

Now I'm lost....who/what is Deep Blue?

 

Blogger Mathieu said ... (February 23, 2006 3:46 PM) : 

:) very funny Lisi.
Deep Blue was a supercomputer made by IBM. It "played" a match versus Garry Kasparov in may 1997. The man won, but two years later, Deep Blue " brother", Deeper Blue won the game. I remember Garry Kasparov said something like "i can't calculate x millions of positions per seconds, but i think of the good one's" wich was exactely right.
http://www.research.ibm.com/deepblue/

 

Blogger Lisi said ... (February 23, 2006 3:47 PM) : 

:-)
this is one crazy story.

anywaz, Deep Blue is the first computer system to defeat a reigning world champion, namely Garry Kasparov, in a match under standard chess tournament time controls.

i have inserted some links to the post

:-)

 

Blogger Bob said ... (February 23, 2006 8:19 PM) : 

hi lisi,

Nice "spy" shot through the branches.Aren't they playing "go"?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 24, 2006 9:09 AM) : 

Hello Lisi...and sorry for showing up here so late. Welcome to the photo blog world.
I love your blog! Very informative, along with great photos. My aunt visited Hong Kong many years ago and still counts it among her favorite places...she returned home with lovely silk dresses.
I'm adding you to my blog and thank you for my link.
I'll be back daily.

 

Blogger Anne said ... (February 24, 2006 9:55 AM) : 

hahaha you almost got me there!

 

Blogger Eric said ... (February 24, 2006 1:16 PM) : 

Thanks Lisi...I had a pretty good idea, but your description really helps. By the way, your blog is really getting great and you're so good about keeping it "Daily".

 

Blogger Rodney said ... (February 28, 2006 2:37 AM) : 

I like the angle of the shot!

 

post a comment